Dothan Country Club is a place of fellowship where members can meet friends and satisfy their personal and business entertainment amid an air of elegance.
The Dothan Country Club was founded on March 6, 1923, soon after Patrick B. Jones, an avid golfer, came to town with a bag of clubs. He was able to convince several of his acquaintances about the joys of playing golf. About one hundred dues paying charter members founded the Club. On February 24, 1924, the first round of golf was played on the new course. From 1924 until 1956, a graceful colonial style building, surrounded by a veranda running along three sides, served as the Clubhouse. The present Clubhouse was officially opened in 1957. In 1989, the Golf and Fitness Building was opened.
Today, Club facilities provide for a wide variety of services. A number of private function rooms lend themselves to every purpose from formal dinner parties to social receptions, meetings or a la carte dining. Additionally, features of the Club include a cocktail lounge, a 19th hole grill, seven tennis courts, swimming pool, health club and an eighteen hole golf course.
The Dothan Country Club is dedicated to providing the highest level of excellence in dining, social events, and sports expected in a traditional club environment. The Club is a place of fellowship where members can meet friends and satisfy their personal and business entertainment amid an air of elegance. Certainly the diversity and caliber of the membership and the array of amenities provide many opportunities for business and personal camaraderie in a cordial and friendly environment.